Monday, March 17, 2008

I knew the government was cheap, but...

My wife was summoned for jury duty today. I am all for doing your service and helping the government but get this: for compensation of taking off work, trudging over to the couthouse, and listening to lawyers drone on about some random penial code that was violated, the government is reimbursing $15/day! $15 frikin dollars! And the kicker...payment starts the second day, so the first day is on the house. What a bunch of crap! I'm not looking for her to get wealthy off the government but she can seriously make more money picking up cans on the way to the courthouse and redeeming them then doing her patriotic duty. When they call me up I'm going to drink all of their water, eat as much food as possible, and take the Gavel home as a consolation prize.

No comments: