Sunday, November 25, 2007

Thanksgiving Holiday Recap

Thanksgiving vacation started Tuesday night for me when my wife's family came in to town. Here is a breakdown of the vacation by days:

Wednesday: This was the first official day of vacation and we drove around SD checking out the sites and having a good time. Towards the end of the day we went to my favorite Mexican restaurant Fred's. After that we went to a blues bar in the gas lamp called Patrick's II. My wife's cousin came into town too and joined the fun.

Thursday(Thanksgiving): This was the first thanksgiving that I have hosted and I have to say it turned out pretty good. We had: Turkey, Cranberries, Mashed Potatoes, Sweet Potatoes, a relish tray with olives, carrots, and celery, rolls, stuffing, gravy, green beans, apple pie, pumkin pie, and about 3-4 bottles of White Zin. It was awesome!! After dinner we hung out.

Friday: We went to ocean beach and watched my wife's cousin surf a bit and then went up to La Jolla and checked out seal beach. We ate at my favorite bar Little Italy Urban bar and then came back to my place and watched Scene It.

Saturday: We went to Coronado and hung out there a majority of the day...we also recovered pam's cousin's cell phone that he lost from the night before. The best thing is that, and this is the guy who found it said, the Cell phone was found by some crack heads and then traded to him for a "little something something"...the guy was really impressed that the cell phone was nice and if he shut it off "it would just recharge, right?" This was a good day. My wife's cousin and brother had to leave to go home.

Sunday: We hung out a bit and then decided that we wanted to go to TJ...so we hopped on the trolley. After about 6 stops we noticed that the clientelle on the trolley were getting suspicious
. My wife's mom was getting a little nervous and so we decided to get off and go grab a FlexCar. We went down to the border and was going to cross but saw that the line to get back into the US was about 8-10 blocks long...so we decided to look at TJ and hang our in San Ysidro. It was a lot of fun.

Video that sums up this weekend:

No comments: