Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Media file conversion

How many times have you run into the issue where you record in a certain format but need it is a separate format OR when someone sends you a file and in order for you to view it or listen to it it needs to be in a different format? I encounter this quite often especially now that I am getting into video tapping my vacations. I found a couple of really cool and free media converters that work well.

WM Converter
A lot of options for output and works pretty well

Media Converter
Very easy to use and configure, lightweight and converts fast.

Since necessity is the mother of invention(or in my case search) I was troubled with the fact that I had an MP4 that I wanted to upload to youtube but I needed to edit it first...all of my video editing software didn't support MP4 or even read it.

No comments: