Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Ubuntu install on Compaq Presario

I have a laptop from 3 years ago and I am installing Ubuntu on it to replace Windows. I had some issues originally that helped move me in the direction. It had some major driver errors. I formatted the drive using the windows install CD to fix the error I was receiving as it was stopping me from installing Ubuntu completely.

After I deleted the partition I installed Ubuntu 7.04 from a live CD. The install went great. I am working on configuring the system now specifically the Wireless. This is an issue with Old laptops I've found and there are good tutorials on how to overcome the issue on Ubuntu Forums

Once I get Ubuntu configured I'm going to do a post on awesome plugins and also links for people that are interested in starting with Linux but need a boost for starting.

No comments: