Monday, May 07, 2007

Reflections on Graduation

I went to my sister in law's graduation over the weekend and had a great time. I am so proud of her and my brother for supporting her. She spent 14 years working towards her degree while having 4 kids, helping my brother start a business, and working. He persistence and determination is inspiration to me in regards to having goals and following them through. So far in my life I have been fortunate to be able to pursue endeavors that I have been interested in. Events like graduations help put perspective on things and helps one re-evaluate what is important in life. Like happiness, family, experiences, and personal goals. If you can get one thing out of this post make it this: "Never settle for anything, strive and drive for whatever your heart's desire. Sometimes it may be counter intuitive or counter society's expectations but stay true to yourself." I will step down now from my soapbox now. I'll keep living, you keep reading.

No comments: