Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Start your favorite programs when you turn on your computer

Every morning I would turn on my computer and click on the icons for my commonly used Programs: Firefox, Thunderbird, and Internet Explorer. Yesterday I easily set it up so that these programs startup when I turn on my computer. Here is how you can do it(This is for Windows XP):

  1. Right click on your Start Menu and select Explore
  2. There you will see programs and possibly a folder called startup, if you don't see a folder called startup then double click on the Programs folder
  3. Once you have found the statup folder then drag the shortcuts of the programs you want to start into that folder.
  4. Now that they are in there, on boot those programs will start.
An easy and painless way to add a couple seconds to your day.

No comments: